Listen to this Article
No matter who you are or which background do you belong, moving a home from new to a new one can be very stressful and pricy. First you have to choose a place to go to, then pack and then start the journey to the new destination, then unpack and then call it a home. But it’s not just that, when the big day comes, you have to hire someone or some service to do the shifting for you. Unless you have all the trucks and manpower, a well reputed and trusty service is needed to bring in all the manpower necessary for packing effectively, transport and delivery and unpacking and all of this in such a way that nothing is broken or lost in the process so there’s an audit of stuff included when the journey starts and when it ends. All of this takes time and effort but also money and you have to hire someone which is the cheapest or delivers the service in the most professional way that the price justifies the cost.
So how much does the moving services cost in UAE, the cities such as Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Ajman? And not just that but all over the globe, well the quick and easy answer is that it depends upon the task. There a few factors the service takes into account when it gives you the cost. It’s better to let the company take a survey of your stuff, know about the destination so that it gives an estimated price cost.
If you are wondering about the usual price range for this kind of undertaking then the minimum start price for moving services is 500 AED and it changes (increase or decrease) by 100 or 200 AED based on the bedrooms or furniture there is.
If it’s a studio apartment, with just one single bed and some less amount of furniture, then it may cost you a min of 400 or 500 AED in UAE. Some companies also charge a min of 500 AED so the cost for studio apartment starts from an average of 500 AED and it will depend upon a few factors such as destination, how much the luggage or stuff there is. The minimum cost to hire moving services or relocation services for studio apartment can cost you between 500 AED to 1000 AED.
When you a studio apartment, we can get a rough estimate of price, for villa, house or apartment, we cannot. It depends upon not just the previous factors (destination, number of things or luggage), it also depends upon time of the year, size of the villa (since items can be more or less depending upon the size of the villa or apartment) and number of labor required to do the lifting. So you can expect a minimum cost of 1500 AED upto 5000 or more.
For shops and businesses, same prices are in the works. You can also try storage warehouses for storing some of your stuff for short or long time when you are moving so that if some items cannot be shifted, they can stored for a small fee or you can sell them online.
When moving, you should also keep in mind some best practices to get the most out of your move:
- Get quotes from multiple moving companies. This will help you compare prices and find the best deal.
- Book your move in advance. Moving companies often offer discounts for bookings made in advance.
- Consider hiring a local moving company. Local moving companies are often more affordable than international moving companies.
- Be prepared to pack your own belongings. This will save you money on packing and unpacking fees.
- Decluttering before your move. This will reduce the amount of stuff you need to move, and it will save you money on moving costs.
- Ask your friends, family, and colleagues for recommendations for moving companies.
- Check online reviews of moving companies.
- Look for moving companies that offer discounts for students, seniors, or military personnel.
- Consider hiring a moving company that specializes in moving villas or apartments.
- Be prepared to negotiate with moving companies.
Moving or relocating is a huge undertaking but keeping yourself informed and educated about the matter can go a long way.
Cover photo credits ( Photo by Pavel Danilyuk from Pexels: https://www.pexels.com/photo/man-reading-a-document-beside-a-delivery-van-6407569/ )